Sunday, December 21, 2008
1. Wrapping Paper or Gift Bags? ...... I like Wrapping Paper
2. Real Tree or artificial?...Real! And we have to go cut it down ourselves!
3. When do you put up the tree?..... I like to do it the weekend after Thanksgiving but that doesn't always happen.... but the earlier the better!
4. When do you take the tree down?... Usually right after the New Year.
5. Do you like egg nog?... yes but I have to add a little milk
6. Favorite gift received as a child?... Not sure
7. Hardest person to buy for?...my little guy right now because he's to young for most toys and not old enough for the others!
8. Easiest person to buy for?...my mom she likes almost anything!
9. Do you have a nativity scene?...Yes... a very small one that my mom gave me... I would like to have more
10. Mail or email Christmas cards?...Mail... but this year we didn't do any :(
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?... I don't think I have received that bad of a gift before
12. Favorite Christmas movie?... oh my gosh I have so many! Elf, Christmas Vacattion, Grinch, Just Friends, Home Alone.... Well you get the idea.... there are a lot!
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?... It seems to always be at the last possible minute!
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? ...Yes, as a white elephant gift
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? ...baked things!
16. Lights on the tree? ... YES--all white
17. Favorite Christmas Song?...thats a hard one.... I'm not sure there are so many good ones
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? ... Home..... short travel, 20 minutes to my brothers
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? ...Dasher, Dancer, Prancer and Vixen, Comet, Cupid and Donner and Blitzen and of Course Rudolph.
20. Angel on top of the tree or star? ...there would be a star... but we haven't gotten one yet!
21. Open the presents on Christmas Eve or Morning?... Both because we celebrate with each side of the families on different days.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? ...
23. Favorite ornament?...all the ones that my mom got me each year when I was a kid
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner?... Prime Rib
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? ... My mother in law and husband have been asking this same question.... and I'm not really sure!
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Monday was his first official snow day from school! Most kids are super excited when they find out it's a snow day.... my little guy could care less but Robert (daddy) was excited.
Yesterday was crazy! It snowed all day and didn't let up until dark. I can't believe we have gotten this much snow. Normally I'm so excited about the snow, but there has been a lot of ice. And there is still so much to do before Christmas and our car isn't good for driving in this stuff. Oh well.... what can you do.
I hope everyone that has been in all this snow is staying warm!
Saturday, November 8, 2008
1st Halloween....robert was only a little over a month old.... we were farmers and he was a pea pod... this was so last minute!
2nd Halloween Little Robert was King Kong and we were buildings (we each wore a building costume so that we could rotate carrying him... but we soon took one off because people thought we were the twin towers!) We could not find a gorilla costume that didn't cost $80 so we got a monkey one.... although he looked more like a bear with a tail!
3rd Halloween Little Robert was a bag of Money and we were Robers! This one was pretty fun and super easy!
Crap! I just realized that I don't have any of the pictures from this.... I think my mom has them from her camera.... oh well you'll just have to picture it. Robert and I dressed all in black with black beenies on our heads.... and Robert dressed as a money bag made from a pillow case! Just trust me it was cute!
4th Halloween.... Robert was a wedge of cheese and we were bread. A grilled cheese sandwich!
This was not the easiest costume for trick or treating in.... but it was still fun. This was his first year really walking from door to door. At first he didn't totally understand what we were doing... but he just went with the flow. He lasted about 2 blocks and then he didn't want to do it any more. His cousin Nikki decided that she wanted to take his bucket up with her to get candy for him. Everyone believed her and there were no questions asked(even though the couldn't see him sitting in the stroller.)
Now to start thinking of next years costume!
Thursday, October 2, 2008
Then on Sept 15th he had his first day of preschool!
This is Teacher Katie! She is such and awesome teacher and we love her!
Then we have the Pumpkin Patch.... I think this is one of my favorite things to do in the fall. We have a new tradition with our family. Roberts parents, my parents, and my brothers family all go together. Then we come home to eat my Chicken Fiesta Soup and everyone makes there own Caramel Apple!
Well there is still more to come! But it is Midnight and I have to get up and take the little man to school.... so to be continued!
Saturday, September 27, 2008
Friday, September 12, 2008
I can't believe that my little man is 3 today! Time is going by way to fast! He is changing so much everyday! We have so much fun just sitting and playing. It's crazy how much he is starting to understand. The other day after dinner he fallowed me to the kitchen and stood at the gate... I handed him a pudding and a spoon and told him to go and give it to daddy. He gave me a big smile and then laughed while he walked over to daddy on the couch, handed it to him, and then tried to climb up on his lap.
Monday he will being starting his first day at Preschool! I can't believe it! He will be going 2 days a week for 2 hours each day. I think it is going to be really good for him! We met his teacher and she seems like she is going to be amazing.... and he seems to like her already.
Well time to go finish getting things ready for his party. I will be posting pictures of his first day soon!
Monday, September 8, 2008
Ok here it goes
My niece and nephew spend the night...... That day my mom and the kids had come over to hang out and run the the mall. On the way home I asked Nichole if she wanted to call dad and ask to spend the night. Both of their faces lit up! He of course said yes! A few minutes after she gets of the phone she tells her brother that he will have to go home b/c dad said that only one of them could stay the night at a time. I look back at her thinking what the heck would he say that for.... and she gives me this little smerk. I couldn't believe that my 8 year old niece had come up with this... but I played along. You should have seen the look on Connors face..... mad and sad at the same time. After about 1 minute of him thinking he wasn't going to get to spend the night we told him we were just kidding. He thought it was pretty funny! So we spent the night building a fort and watching movies.... the next morning we had Mickey Mouse Pancakes!
It had been kind of Rainy that day and Robert was out on the back patio with me and decided that he was going to play in the tiny puddle in the mud!
He had such a fun time at the park.... all he wanted to do was walk around. He loves to play with his shadow.... it's so cute.
We went to the Saturday Farmers market in Beaverton with Grandma and Grandpa. I tried to get him to play in the fountain..... but he didn't want to get to close.
Zoo day!!!!! Little Robert had so much fun! Mom, Dad, Grandma, Nikki, Connor and Robert all went. He's been a couple other times but this time he really looked at the animals and was so excited!
We all had so much fun on the train ride...... Robert did really well considering it's a 35 minute ride.