Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Tomatoes

A little over a month ago my mom, dad, monkey, and I were out getting my dad tomato plants. He asked me if I would want a couple of them for my patio, and I said sure. Anyway..... the patio that he had his on at their apt. gets hardly any sun, and ours gets tons. So naturally mine was growing like crazy and his was still small. He decided that he would bring his plant over to share the sun that mine was enjoying. There is quite a difference in the size of them as you can see. They are in the same pot have the same soil.... his just needed more sun.





Now here's what I don't understand. Mine has tons of blossoms....and had for a while. Those blossoms are suppose to turn into itty bitty tomatoes. They haven't! My dads plant (the tiny one) has a tomato! What the heck!? The other funny thing is that his looks a bit yellow and like it's having a hard time. Mine is supper green. Some of my blossoms just look dead now. And a few have fallen off. It's frustrating!


I've also planted a few other flowers. They seem to be doing pretty good.... aside from the bugs that were attacking them. I sprayed them and they are starting to recover. You can tell what side of the large pot gets most of the sun. I just turned it today.



I hope my tomato plant doesn't just produce flowers! I want some tomatos dang it!

4 comments:

Carrie said...

If I knew anything about tomatoes, I'd help you out. But I don't. :) I hope they start growing!!

Jayme said...

MMMMM. I bet if you get them to grow they'll taste pretty yummy on those grilled homemade pizzas you keep talking about... ;o)

Anonymous said...

Dude, your tomato plant is gi-normus!

Jayme said...

Pizza was amazing on Friday! Thank you. Good to see your plant finally growing tomato's.