Friday, June 12, 2009

First Time Out

Lately little Robert has be opening the back screen and trying to walk outside. He's also been doing a number of other things that aren't okay. In the past we've tried time out but it didn't work. He had no clue what we were doing and didn't care that he was sitting in some random corner. The other day he started to open the screen and I told him no no. Of course he looked at me and proceeded to open it. I walked over, took him by the hand and sat him down in the corner. Right off the bat he started crying. I walked away..... he stayed there but was still crying. After about 1 minute he decided he was going to get up. I told him no and to sit down, and again the crying started. We've done this about 4 times and he cries each time, but for the most part stays in the corner. Not sure how well it is working yet.... but we will continue to try it for a while. Hopefully it works!



These are from the his 1st real time out!

3 comments:

yvonne enger said...

Oh, look at that sweet face. I know, he needs to be in time out, good for you mom, for helping him learn.
He is such a love.

Jayme said...

Jeb and I got a kick out of these pix. If looks could kill?...

Patrick and Paige said...

Glad he is getting the concept. It can be hard learning and getting bigger. But he seems to be taking like a champ. Keep up the the AMAZING MOMMINESS!!!