Friday, June 26, 2009

Snickiedoodies!

Snickerdoodles are one of my very favorite cookies! I just finished baking some today!

I had made some for my dad and Roberts dad for Fathers day, but Roberts dad wasn't feeling well on Fathers day so we didn't get to see him. I decided to make him a fresh bunch!


This recipe is my favorite so far

1/2 Cup butter (unsalted)

1/2 Cup Shortening

1 1/2 Cup sugar

2 eggs

2 3/4 Cups Flour

2 teaspoons cream of tartar

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon baking soda

2 tablespoons sugar

2 teaspoons cinnamon


Beat butter, shortening and sugar together until fluffy

Add eggs and beat again until smooth

Sift flour, cream of tartar, salt and soda together

Add flour to butter mixture and stir together until smooth dough forms.

Mix sugar and cinnamon in a bowl.

Roll dough into balls.... I like to use the small ice cream scoop ( the bigger cookies are 2 of the small scoops)

line baking sheet with silpat or parchment paper

Place about 2 inches apart on cookie sheet

Bake at 350 for 8-10 min or until the edges are just golden brown and cookies are puffy. (add a couple more minutes if you make them double the size

Let them cool on the cookie sheet for about 5 minutes then transfer to wire rack to finish cooling

These are so yummy!

2 comments:

Patrick and Paige said...

Thanks for posting the recipe. I LOVE SNICKERDOODLES TOO!!!

The Hadley Family said...

Oh my word!!! Those look SOOO good. I will be making them soon. Thanks for sharing. :)